***Generation 3.0 not for new applications, is no longer in active production, but can be made-to-order under special circumstances***
OR’s two sources to a single load
- Low voltage, High current capability
- Industry-leading ultra-low on-state resistance
- 99.9% efficient at maximum continuous current
- No heat sinks or airflow required
- No de-rating required over full temperature range
- Fully encapsulate solid state design
- Internationally patented arrayed MOSFET technology
- MIL-STD-461E Compliant
POWER-GATE non-programmable OR’ing diodes are designed to selectively OR one of two sources to a load. The device will automatically conduct current from the source with higher voltage (relative to device ground) to the load. When the primary source drops below the secondary source, the device will “flip,” and current from the secondary will drive the load. The orientation of the internal MOSFET arrays insures there will be no disruption in power driving the load, even when transitioning from one source to another.
If source voltage levels are sufficiently close enough, dynamic voltage sag/rise of one source in response to the opposing source sag/rise can cause oscillation or rapid-switching between the sources. In this case, the “Programmable” OR’ing should be considered. Contact engineering for assistance.
POWER-GATE OR’ing diodes provide high performance and reliable switching without the conductive losses and leakage typical to Schottky rectifiers.
Conventional silicon and Schottky rectifiers are attractively priced, but have significant performance issues:
- substantial voltage drop as current passes
- conductive losses create significant heat
- batteries never get fully charged
- alternator regulators always inaccurate due to diode drop
Non-programmable OR’ing diodes are constructed based on our internationally patented large MOSFET array technology.